Everyone wants to improve their home’s curb appeal, which in turn increases the value of their home and the neighborhood. Nature’s Touch Landscaping has some low cost landscaping tips that will do both.
- Keep your yard mowed and trimmed. (recommended at least twice a week)
- Over-seed your lawn and make sure it gets at least one and a half inches of water a week to keep it healthy and green.
- Keep your trees and shrubs trimmed neatly. (click here to read our blog on pruning tips)
- If you have planting beds or edging around your home, make sure they are not protruding from the ground, if they are, just remove them and make a 3″ V-trench.
- Either top-dress your old mulch with new, or turn your existing mulch to give it a fresh look. If you have rock beds, make sure you rake or blow out the leaves and debris to give it a nice clean look.
- Do a planting of 5 to 7 colorful annuals around the base of your mailbox to create a burst of color.
- Trim the grass one and a half inches from the driveway to give a well defined look.
- Last but not least, remove any unsightly items from around the outside of your home that have accumulated over the seasons. We tend to get used to looking at those things so we need to look at our landscape with fresh eyes.
Now that we have covered some low-cost tips to improve your curb appeal and home value, we realize that this does become an issue of “when do I have time to get this done?” Our suggestion is to just take it one project at a time so you and your neighborhood will enjoy your renewed and improved landscape once again.
If you find yourself short on time, call Nature’s Touch Landscaping at 763-566-8457 and we will do it for you. Click here to read about our Spring Start Up Service.